Nacka Municipality, located in Stockholm County, works actively to evaluate and create smarter recruitment processes. Their long-term goal is to become one of Sweden's best employers and to do that they need to have the best talent. Today, recruiters at Nacka experience that a recruitment challenge is to attract and engage candidates, which is an essential part of employing the best talent. By using various digital solutions, Nacka Municipality challenges traditional recruitment processes and shows how AI increases accuracy when it comes to recruitment. So far, the response has been positive and Tengai has contributed to a more unbiased recruitment process e.g. for the leadership academy and other management roles within the municipality.
"With Tengai, we can attract and engage candidates and at the same time become more unbiased. Tengai also makes it possible to cut a step out of the recruitment process and become more accurate when it comes to the candidate experience."
Linus Holmgren, Employer Branding Manager of HR staff at Nacka Municipality
Candidate feedback: Natural and personal
Candidates have thought that it has been very fun and exciting to have a digital interview with Tengai, says Linus Holmgren, who is the Employer Branding Manager for the HR staff at Nacka Municipality,
- Candidates' experience that the interview with Tengai felt natural and personal and that it wasn't like sitting in front of a doll, but it was something they interacted with. Which is very, very positive.
I liked that Tengai did not have preconceived opinions about age and gender
You had to focus more on exactly what you were saying, instead of relating to a human.
It’s not like a regular interview. Because it’s not lika a human reacting to another human. It is like it’s calculating and then reacts.
It was actually a really fun and different experience. The robot was neutral.
Accurate public sector hiring
Although Nacka Municipality has had it easier than many other municipalities to recruit in different areas in the past, it has now started to become more difficult to recruit in certain professional fields. Therefore, they have begun to work more with competency in a different way according to Linus Holmgren,
- To become one of Sweden's best employers, we have to start by attracting the best talents and getting them to continue looking for a job at Nacka even though they didn't get the job. We are working on training our recruiters on how they can be more accurate when it comes to recruitment. Creating an unbiased candidate experience is one of the changes that I have initiated and made a high priority to achieve the goals we have in mind.
Automated screening process
Nacka municipality uses Tengai to identify the candidates best suited for the role. By using a validated method proven to accurately assess candidates, they can make a data-driven, candidate selection. The process is as follows:
- Candidates submit an anonymous application.
- Candidates automatically complete a digital interview with Tengai at a time that suits them.
- Recruiters at Nacka municipality receive a data-driven candidate assessment.
- HR manager conducts personal interviews with final candidates to ensure motivation and drive.
Ready to get started?
Book your own walk-through demo.