We are getting a lot of questions about how an AI interview actually works and some are wondering if it’s awkward. Here we break down step-by-step what candidates experience so you know what to expect from an interview with Tengai. As well as some tips on how to best prepare for the meeting!
Over the last couple of years, we have collected feedback data to ensure quality performance and the absolute majority of candidates who talked to Tengai described a comfortable and natural experience. Candidates especially felt safe because of Tengai’s unbiased questions and how the avatar doesn’t care about age, looks, gender, ethnicity, or background. The unbiased approach also means that Tengai won’t judge a candidate by the tone of voice, or their dialect.
said they could give a better and more honest answer to Tengai, compared to a human recruiter
of candidates say they would like to be interviewed by a robot again
During a meeting with Tengai, candidates get a chance to share more information about themselves. The interactive experience is fun and all candidates get the same encouraging and friendly treatment. Because all candidates have the same experience and interview, their results can be measured and compared objectively against the job requirements. The only thing that matters is what the candidate answers and not how they answer. But how does it actually work?
What to expect from the AI interview
There is no special knowledge necessary to participate in a conversation with Tengai. All you need is a solid internet connection and a smartphone (or computer). Once you have decided what language you want to do the screening interview in, you can schedule a time that is convenient for you. Before meeting Tengai we do recommend that you:
- Prepare a couple of different examples where you exceeded at work or at school.
- Reflect on your behavior in the past. What did you do? What were the results? And what did you learn?
- Are open to having an AI interview as a part of this recruitment process and see it as a fair chance for you to share more about yourself.
During the conversation
The full conversation with Tengai takes about 18-20 minutes to complete and consists of 20 open and closed-ended questions and some additional questions that are role specific. Tengai is fully interactive and will give personalized answers during the interview, such as asking you to elaborate or give more concrete examples.
The 20 questions are centered around how you:
- Think, rationalize, and feel
- Collaborate with others
- Are at work, or in work-related contexts
When the interview is coming to an end, Tengai will wrap up the meeting and explain how to get in touch with a recruiter if needed. To conclude the interview, Tengai will inform the job seeker about the next steps in the process.
Once the screening interview is completed, all candidates receive instant personal feedback that reflects how the interpretation of the personality was made before the results are sent to the human recruiter. This is an important final step and we think it’s crucial to share Tengai’s assessment with the person it concerns, even though they weren’t selected for the position. This makes the conversation with Tengai an excellent learning experience and we hope it will help all candidates do better in future interviews.
Some more tips for job seekers:
- Be honest! It will be easier to identify your competencies and strengths if you give genuine answers based on real experiences. And then a recruiter can match you with the right company and position.
- If you lack work experience, share insights you gained from working in teams to complete a school assignment, a sport, or any other experience that was valuable.
- Don’t adapt your answers. Tengai doesn’t care about your appearance, so you can feel comfortable expressing yourself as you like.
- Prepare as if you’re going to a traditional job interview. In other words, it’s always a good idea to be rested, not too hungry, and always silence your phone.
- It’s okay to be nervous. Tengai will adjust the tempo and always allow you to answer each question without being stressed.
We hope this was helpful and that you feel prepared for your conversation with Tengai now. If you have any questions you can always contact us!